Many people who love to play games want to record games. You can also record your own games if you want.
In this guide, I will explain how to record 2ds gameplay in high quality from Nintendo handheld systems. What you need to do to record a video game, we discussed it in our article.
How to record 2ds gameplay?
I am not referring to the simple recording of the 2DS screen via mobile phone or video camera. But to the possibility of extracting the video stream directly from the hardware that processes it.
The result will be very similar to that obtained through a Capture Card, that is a video capture card.
You can also use a screen recorder to record 2ds gameplay. To turn on the screen recorder you can record the gameplay.
All you have to do is turn on the recorder first, then start playing the game and turn off the recorder after the game is over.
You can download any screen recorder online and then use it to record video games. You can purchase the screen recorder if you want or you can download it for free from online without purchasing.
You can see an example below.
It is a real video streaming between the new Nintendo 3DS (or 2DS XL) and PC.
The former sends data per second, which records video via screen recording software such as OBS, NVidia GeForce Experience, Bandicam, and more.
Needed to record the New 2DS or 3Ds screen
To record the New 2DS screen smoothly, you need to get the following:
- A suitable console. You can see compatible models in the requirements section
- Custom Firmware, which is a modified operating system that allows you to capture the flow of data from the console. I recommend installing Luma 3DS or 2Ds, in my opinion, one of the best around.
- A micro SD card to install the Custom Firmware. I recommend installing a 32GB one to avoid space problems.
- Software to start/stop screen recording. They will need to be installed on both the console side and the PC side. In the first case, we have Boot NTR Selector, while in the second we have kit-kat-slim and capture software such as Bandicam or NVIDIA Shadow Play (function available only if you have an NVidia video card).
- A 3.5mm AUX cable
- Optional: a USB to 3.5mm jack converter (in case your PC does not have the appropriate jack inputs)
Below you will find a summary list of what you need, which you can buy directly on Amazon.
2DS gameplay recording
After reading this guide, you should be able to record gameplay from New Nintendo 2DS without Capture Card.
Although the 3DS console is now retired. I feel it still has a lot to offer. It is a real shame that many features have not already been integrated by default!
Hope the guide is clear. I wish you good modding and remind you to be very careful when making unofficial changes. If you like our article, please leave a comment below.
I am Joseph D. Moyer. I am the founder of virtualworldtechnology.com. I am a technology specialist. I am a professional blogger, SEO Expert, and also an expert in social media marketing as well as internet marketing too. Continue here my Experience on This Blog.