Encryption programs for Windows are very useful, mainly for those cases where it is essential to keep computer information safe.
For this reason, we bring this interesting article where we explain in detail about recovering Data of the Locked Computer Using windows. Microsoft. com/recoverykeyfag.
And how to locate the recovery key for Bitlocker for different versions of operating systems steps. Everything you need to know, so do not let it down.
Bitlocker recovery key
When talking about Bitlocker, it refers to an important encryption product that has been designed by Microsoft. Its aims are to protect user data on a computer.
In this vein, what is achieved with this product is to establish encryption, which seeks to protect user data on a device. So that only those who have the proper authorization can access it.
In addition to this, in order to use this program. It is necessary to install it correctly and appropriately. Following some steps that will depend on the version of the operating system.
Now, if after a certain time of use there is a problem with Bitlocker. The user may be asked for a recovery key.
In this way, if the user does not have a functional Bitlocker recovery key. They will not be able to enter the computer or its files.
Thus, understanding what the Bitlocker recovery key is is extremely important. Since it consists of the access key for the computer in case of any inconvenience
Recovering Data of the Locked Computer Using windows.Microsoft. com/recoverykeyfag
By using the Bitlocker recovery key, You can Recover Data from the Locked Computer Using windows.
Storage options for keys
To understand how to obtain the Bitlocker recovery key. It is worth mentioning that it can be stored in different ways, depending on the version of Windows. It has been installed on the computer or device.
For this reason, below is a list that describes the options that are compatible with each version of the operating system. It allows saving the recovery keys.
In addition to this, the information is presented in the following list. It can also help to find a previously saved key. As long as it exists on the computer.
For Windows 10
To find the recovery key for Bitlocker on a computer that has the operating system Windows 10. You need to pay attention to the following information:
- The Bitlocker recovery key can be saved on a flash drive, which is connected to the personal computer.
- A key can also be saved in the Microsoft account, where the respective file should be searched.
- It is also possible that the key is saved in the Azure Active Directory account. Specifically on work computers where you log in with this system.
- Similarly, a key can be saved as a file on a network drive or other location.
- This key can be printed to have it physically.
For Windows 8.1
In the case of the version of Windows 8 .1, the user you want to know the options to save your recovery key for BitLocker. You should review the following information:
- A key can be saved to a USB flash drive.
- The Bitlocker recovery key can also be printed to have it physically.
- A key is usually saved in the user’s Microsoft account. Therefore, it can be accessed from another computer, in order to recover it.
- Similarly, the key can be saved as a file. Either on the network drive or in any other location.
For Windows 7
People who are interested in storing or searching for the Bitlocker recovery key, who at the same time have a Windows 7 operating system, have the following options:
- A Bitlocker recovery key can be saved to a USB flash drive.
- It can also be saved as a file, either to a network drive or another location.
- The Bitlocker recovery key can also be physically printed.
Given this, it is important that users have Windows 7 on their computers. Review the options available to locate the Bitlocker recovery key, which will allow them to access the PC when necessary.
Aspects to consider
Given this, it is important to take into account some aspects. Since the option to save a file is the most used by users.
However, on some occasions, it can cause configuration problems. When the user saves the file to the drive of the computer that he wants to recover.
For this reason, it is advisable to save the key on a network or physical drive. To prevent damage to the hard drive from preventing access to the Bitlocker recovery key.
However, if the recovery key is lost or impossible to locate on the computer. The drive cannot be unlocked by other means.
In this sense, for the computer to work again. The only applicable option is to reinstall Windows, which implies the loss of data and hard disk settings.
How to activate device encryption?
To activate device encryption using Bitlocker, people can do it in a very simple way, following the instructions described below:
- Log in to Windows with an Administrator account.
- Select the Start button followed by Settings, Update and Security, Device encryption.
- If the Device Encryption option does not appear, it means that it is not available. So the user can then use standard Bitlocker encryption instead.
- Now, if device encryption appears on the screen and is disabled. The user just needs to click Enable and that’s it.
As mentioned previously, if device encryption is not available. Then a standard method must be activated, for which it is pertinent to follow the following instructions:
- Log in to the device with an Administrator account.
- In the search box located on the taskbar, type “Manage Bitlocker”. And then select this option from the list of results.
- Similarly, the user can select the start button and, once in the Windows system, choose Control Panel.
- Once inside the control panel, select “System and Security”, followed by “Bitlocker Drive Encryption”. To finish by selecting “Manage Bitlocker”.
- It is worth mentioning that this option can only be seen if Bitlocker is available for the device. Since it does not apply to the Windows 10 Home edition.
- Once this is done, all that remains is to select “Activate Bitlocker” and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
If you found this article interesting, we invite you to share it. I hope now you know about Recovering Data of the Locked Computer Using windows. Microsoft. com/recoverykeyfag.
I am Joseph D. Moyer. I am the founder of virtualworldtechnology.com. I am a technology specialist. I am a professional blogger, SEO Expert, and also an expert in social media marketing as well as internet marketing too. Continue here my Experience on This Blog.